Ad

Thursday, August 7, 2014

ModWOD and Visit to Hand Surgeon

I took yesterday off as I had my pre-op appointment. Signed my life away, was given my cervical brace (hard), and learned that I will have to stay at the hospital over night... Booh, but probably for the better. Took the dogs for walks -poor babys will have to be ok with the yard for at least a month.  
Kaija may be ok with that as she was not happy to hear today that children perceive her as "huge". She barked and growled at the bullies ;)


Today, I went to Boulder to see a hand surgeon for my Vikings disease. It's mentally troubling but luckily it does not hurt not is contracting (yet). So, he said to monitor it. I can do whatever I want but if it gets worse I have to come back to get an injection. But he said, I might not be back in the next 10 years. 
He did call me a poster child for the disease, since I am of Germanic roots -very likely Viking (which I should call myself from now on!) and genetically predisposed. A year in the skin or trauma may have triggered the disease to show. He said it was very unlikely for a 30 year old female and believes that it should not progress quickly because of that. 
So monitoring it is for now. 

I have not been keeping up with good nutritional habits though... It is difficult for some reason to control my portions. It might be due to anxiety about surgery - I am not sure, but at least the quality of my food is good. And I still try to get a little workout in. 

I did the following ModWOD today:

Warm up
1k row in 4:17
Ironscap
1 round of 
10alt pistols 
10 push-ups/
5 negative pullups
10alt Russian get ups with 20#
10 leg raises

Front squats

5-5-5-5-5 with 2sec half range hold at each rep but the last
45#-85#-110#-132#-154#

1-1-1-1
154#-165#-176#- failed 187# :(

2rds 
50situps
1'plank hold
25 push-ups
10alt pistols
10legraises
10kb snatches 20r/15l

No comments:

Post a Comment