Ad

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Working out while injured

Yes, I have an acute c5/c6 disk herniation, as well as a knot into left palm that has today been diagnosed as Vikings Disease/dupuytrens contracture (beginning stage) but the pain and discomfort is not going to stop me at the gym. To a certain extent that is. Obviously I cannot do overhead stuff or hang on the rings, do pull ups etc but I can squat (front, back, one-legged, goblets), I can hit miles on the airdyne, slow one on the rower and do lunges, leg raises, planks, one-armed stuff etc. I am working around my injuries. 
I have to do this because otherwise I would allow depression to creep up, and I would probably encounter other health problems to develop. 
Yes, it's hard to not do the things I love in the way that I would like to, but I have to deal with it and tell myself that it will be ok. That I will be ok. 


Monday

Warm up
50/50 Ghd
Airsquats

WOD 1
5 rounds
1.5m airdyne 
1'plank

3-3-3-3 front squats (light)

WOD 2 
5rounds
10 right arm 35# KB snatch
50m 100# sled pull
10 alternating pistols
 
Stretch


Tuesday

Iron scap
Roll
Band

5-5-3-3-3-3-2-1
Backsquats up to 210#

3 position power clean
Up to 130#

WOD 
3k row in 13:30

25 Stabilized planks
25 Toe to rig
30 alternating 20/25# DB curls

Mobi

No comments:

Post a Comment