Ad

Saturday, January 17, 2015

CrossFit Total - 22 weeks pregnant

A little over one year ago when I moved to Colorado and started at MBS, I did the CFT with
Backsquat 205
Press 95
Dead 305
= 605
My pre surgery and pre pregnancy CFT which I did around May 2014 was 
Backsquat 240
Press 105
Dead 330
= 675

Now, 5 month post-op and 22 weeks pregnant I am at
Backsquat 220
Press 95
Dead 275
= 590

Only 15Ibs below where I was a year ago. I am amazed about what the human body is capable of. In fact, the backsquats felt easy today but I am not maxing out while pregnant. My mind won't let me. The dead wasn't pretty but didn't feel heavy. And the press?! Well, I am still gaining back the strength in my neck and shoulders, and I felt and feel the loss of muscle here or anything overhead the most. 

But I must say, I am glad to be back at the bar. The cardio makes me sick so I am not seeing improvement there but that is ok. 
A friend pointed me to the article Elisabeth Akinwale just posted about pregnancy and fitness. http://elisabethakinwale.com/

She puts it in perspective. 

Today, I was just very happy with my results and the way I felt and that is a good thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment